An interview with Fred Litwin.
26) What do you think about the documentary The Assassination & Mrs. Paine?
I actually met Ruth Paine in Dallas—she’s a very, very nice woman and the things that conspiracy theorists have said about her are scandalous and libelous and ridiculous.
The people behind this documentary should be ashamed of themselves.
Did you yourself watch this documentary? It deserves a response more substantive than "this is ridiculous." Some followup questions are warranted, for example:
How does one dismiss the fact that Ruth Paine was introduced to the Oswalds through George De Morenshildt, a far right oil man with a CIA background who became Oswalds best friend. Theres also the fact that the Paines were linked to Allen Dulles via his mistress. Then of course, there was the fact that Paine was the source of so much evidence that implicated Oswald.
13) To what extent was the CIA monitoring Oswald?
The CIA had a file on him—he was a person of extreme interest.
The CIA was—after he defected—monitoring his mail and intercepting his mail.
The CIA monitoring of Oswald is one of the more important parts of the case and its surprising that Litwin glossed over it. In the months before the Assassasination, there are several things that raise concern.
The CIA Fabricated Evidence of Oswald in Mexico City to show a Soviet/Communist connection
- The WC alleged Oswald went to the Cuban and Soviet Embassies in Mexico City on September 27 and 28. During that time, Oswald made a big fuss, brandishing his Communist bonafides and yelling at Embassy staff.
- The CIA at the time had extensively bugged and photographed all of the entrances and exits to the cuban embassy, yet were never able to provide any images of Oswald to the Warren Commission.
- The CIA did send a photo and recording to the FBI, though both were clearly not Oswald. When the were caled out on this, they claimed they had destroyed all the evidence (though this wasn’t true)
- FBI Director Hoover called LBJ a few days after the assassination to tell him that in fact, the FBI concluded that the person on the tape was not Oswald.
“We have up here the tape and the photograph of the man who was at the Soviet embassy, using Oswald's name. That picture and the tape do not correspond to this man's voice, nor to his appearance. In other words, it appears that there is a second person who was at the Soviet embassy down there.”
- Hoover later wrote a memo where he complained about the CIA’s “double dealing” citing the “false story re Oswald in Mexico” further indicating that he knew of the CIA’s role in fabricating evidence.
Based on this, it is likely that the CIA fabricated evidence of OSwald’s communist connections in order to create “Phase 1” stories that framed Oswald as communist associated with Cuba and/or the soviet Union. These were used to get Earl Warren on board with the Warren Commission. LBJ’s taped conversation with Richard Russel is instructive:
“He came down here and told me no-twice. And I just pulled out what Hoover told me about a little incident in Mexico City and 1 said, ‘Now 1 don't want Mr. Khrushchev to be told tomorrow-and be testifying before a camera that he killed this fellow and that Castro killed him and all I want you to do is look at the facts and bring in any other facts you want in here and determine who killed the President…. And we've got to take this out of the arena where they're testifying that Khrushchev and Castro did this and did that and kicking us into a war that can kill forty million Americans in an hour”
I saw this on r/conspiracy but could not comment because it got taken down. A lot of the claims Fred Litwin makes have been debunked by other researchers. Here’s a 25 page report that contradicts a lot of what Litwin says:
For example, your author claims JFK had great relations with Dulles. That is false. From the article:
He fired CIA Director Allen Dulles, Deputy Director Richard Bissell, Jr., and Deputy Director General Charles Cabell. That was a huge decision firing the top of the CIA’s hierarchy, including the legendary leader who had come to personify the agency, Allen Dulles.
The president then took steps “to cut the CIA budget in 1962 and again in 1963, aiming at a 20 per cent reduction by 1966.” John Kennedy was cutting back the CIA’s power in very concrete ways, step by step.
Did he mention what happened in the Jack Ruby trial? Might have missed it. https://crimereads.com/kennedy-assassination-theories-jack-ruby/
A couple assertions were brought to my attention and I'm just making a fresh comment here in order to organize these assertions.
First, pages 71 to 84 in this book (https://b-ok.cc/book/905584/986f6b) are supposed to contain important evidence about "Oswald's framing by the CIA".
Second, the 11th chapter in this book (https://b-ok.cc/book/11833424/593453) is supposed to contain important evidence about "Oswald's connections to De Morenschildt and Ruth Paine".
I'll respond to these assertions later on.
One person was curious about Jack Ruby's purported mob ties and I found this about this topic: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=800#relPageId=179&search=Ruby.
6) Is it suspicious that Howard Brennan was somehow able to identify Oswald from so far away?
Brennan had exceptional eyesight.
I have several friends who sat where Brennan was sitting and had no problem picking out people who were in the window who then exited the building.
This is quite mad if you have read anything about Brennan.
- Brennan says that the person he saw was wearing "light color clothes". (All witnesses describing a shooter described light clothes)
- Oswald was wearing a "burgundy plaid" shirt upon his arrest.
It is impossible to pick someones height when they are only seen from the waist up, 6 stories up. Yet people accept this is what Brennan did.
Brennan gave his description to Forres Sorrels, who arrived a the scene at 1pm but the police broadcast that implicated Oswald was given at 12:44pm. Brennan's description could not have implicated Oswald.
"Are Conspiracy Theories Dangerous?" : Yes, dangerous to the undemocratic USA's Deep State.
"Are Conspiracy Theories Dangerous?". So yes!
Yes they are ; to the Deep undemocratic State .
I never cared much about this event until this interview. It intrigued me, so I decided to research it more and go down this rabbit hole. I came across this documentary that lays out what happened to JFK in extreme detail. You can take it or leave it. Watching the whole thing is necessary to understand the situation. It is not something to gloss over. It really opened my eyes. https://youtu.be/4oVpt_I9iQQ